Dr. André Hoogstrate
- Forensic Science/Forensic Intelligence
André Hoogstrate is guest researcher at the Centre for Terrorism & Counterterrorism and senior researcher forensic science and intelligence within the Knowledge and Expertise Centre for Intelligent Data Analysis at the Netherlands Forensic Institute.
His research focuses on the use of forensic analysis methodology in fighting organized crime, terrorism, and security aspects in general. A common aspect in all of his research is the use of quantitative modelling.
André Hoogstrate holds a doctorate degree in econometrics from Maastricht University (1998). Since 2000 he works as a statistician and forensic scientist at the Netherlands Forensic Institute. His casework and research focuses on developing new forensic analysis methods. Examples thereof:
- Research of earprints as evidence;
- Photo- and videogrammetric modelling;
- Detecting steganography;
- Analysing car accidents by means of mathematical and Monte Carlo modelling;
- Developing computer forensic investigation tools based on quantitative analysis;
- Developing forensic intelligence tools within the security program Improving Security through Information Awareness (Veiligheidsverbetering door Information Awareness)
- Initiator of the Knowledge and Expertise Centre for Intelligent Data Analysis.
 Hoogstrate, A.J. and Klaassen, C.A.J. (2011), "Minimizing the Average Number of Inspections for Detecting Rare Items in Finite Populations", pp. 203-208, European Intelligence and Security Informatics Conference, .
 Hoogstrate, A.J.,Van Den Heuvel, H. and E Huyben, E. (2001), "Ear identification based on surveillance camera images". Science & Justice 41(3): 167-172.
 Hoogstrate, A. (2000),"Oor in beeld. Identificatie van oren op videobeelden bewakingscamera's". Modus, 9 (5/6), 42-45.
Chapters in books:
 Hoogstrate, A.J., F.C.Palm, and G.A.Pfann, "To Pool or Not to Pool: Forecasting International Output Growth Rates". In The structural econometric time series analysis approach, Cambridge University Press; illustrated edition edition (November 8, 2004), ISBN-13: 978-0521814072.
 Hoogstrate, A.J., Osang T. "Saving, Openness, and Growth: A Panel Data VAR approach”, In Focus on Economic Growth and Productivity. New York: Nova science. pp.115-142, (2005), ISBN-10:1594542724.
 Hoogstrate A.J. and Veenman C.J. (2012), “Informatiegestuurde grenscontrole. Verkenning ten behoeve van het gebruik van selectieprofielen in het kader van grensbeheer”, rapport in opdracht van de programmadirectie Identiteitsmanagement en Immigratie (IDMI), ministerie van Binnenlandse Zaken, .